So, you know how sometimes after many conversations with your midwife and loved ones, many thoughts and feelings, and hours of weighing your options you decide to go ahead and induce labor because you are one day short of 42 weeks pregnant and are afraid you will be told you have to have a c-section? And then you wake up at 5 am, eat a huge breakfast and head out to the hospital only to get a call from your midwife while driving to find out that there are no rooms available at the hospital– they are totally full– so you can’t actually go for your induction right then, but maybe later? Then you hang out in the Upper West Side most of the day, but no rooms open up, but you may get called before 10 pm to come in, but then you don’t get called in so you have spent the whole day waiting with no result?
Yeah, that happened to us today.
The good news is that we had a biophysical and non-stress test and everything looked great. Sprout is doing awesome and they don’t think s/he is too big. We have a plan to try again tomorrow, but honestly, I do not have my hopes up. This (month long) labor has taught me a lot about not getting too excited or counting on anything until it actually happens. It could be so much worse and really things have entered the realm of a farce. We are all (yes, there are still 4 of us- L’s mom has been here for 3.5 weeks and her sister has been back for 1.5 weeks) in pretty good spirits. It will be a great birth story to tell Sprout every year on his/her birthday. We have gotten so much love and support, and really, what can we do but just laugh at this point?
We will let you know when there is more to report.
Please let this happen tomorrow.